We're growing rapidly, and seeking a numbers guru to be a key part of the team. If you have what it takes to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic fast-growth startup, keep reading!
Our award-winning technology powers conversations with customers for some of the world’s largest enterprises. We believe that combining the human touch with technology is the best way to create amazing customer experiences. When human abilities such as problem-solving, creative thinking, and relationship building are enhanced with technology... magical moments happen.
Does this sound like you? If so, you’re probably one of us.
- You’re a pro, but love a good laugh
- You’re independent, but love to collaborate
- You have a heart for coaching and mentoring
- You’re insatiably curious
- You thrive in fast-paced environments
- You don’t mind a good debate to find the best ideas
- You love to take the lead and focus on results
As Senior Accountant at Glia, you will be responsible for all areas relating to day-to-day accounting operations, reporting, and compliance. Reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for maintaining strong processes and controls and timely financial statements.
What you'll do
- Take care of all of our month-end account entries, including revenue recognition, fixed assets, depreciation, accruals, prepayments.
- Manage the revenue recognition for a complex subscription business, ensuring revenue and cost of goods sold are reported accurately each month.
- Spearhead the consolidation of Glia's subsidiaries, ensuring timely reconciliation of intercompany balances.
- Assist the Controller in preparing a monthly reporting package, providing insight to business trends and variance analysis to senior management.
- Monitor accounts payable functions, ensuring that all vendor payments are approved and paid on-schedule, and AP aged balances are reviewed frequently.
- Support the overall finance function by preparing analysis of company spend and account balances, providing accurate information to support business decisions.
- Support the Controller in implementing best practices and procedures around the internal control framework and accounting workflow.
- Identify improvements to automate existing processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA qualification strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and accounting standards
- Advanced Excel skills and experience working with ERP solutions
- Outstanding attention to detail coupled with an ability to see the bigger picture
- Experience navigating a Financial Audit
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Exciting, dynamic and rapid growth environment
- Collaborative culture with autonomy and purpose
- Incredible mentors & investors that are an active part of the company
- Team events including nights out and team travel
- Free gym membership (you have to commit to going 3x per week!)
- Diversity: 18 languages and 11 countries represented
- Competitive base salary & benefits
- Participation in employee option pool